Tuesday, March 29, 2011

RAMMAS ATAS: "'Til Life Do Us Part"


Rating: 3/10

Label: Bullroser Records 2011

Review by Kimmo Toivonen

"Industrial Techno Metal - Post Apocalyptic Visions" is the headline of the press release. "Oh well, what the heck" I thought and inserted the CD into the player. And despite knowing that this really wasn't my thing, I played the disc from start to finish. Once. And even though I usually play the albums I review more than once, I'm afraid this one I will not play ever again. I'm 100 % certain that it's not a grower, and I feel that I can review it based on the first impression.

Take a bit of Rammstein, a bit of Pain, techno sounds, metal guitars, one cookie monster and a Maggie Reilly-soundalike female vocalist and you'll get Rammas Atas (can I have rice with that?). The music's not too bad actually, maybe a bit monotonous though, and I like the female vocals, "Miss Tery" has a nice voice and she sings well. However, the rotten fruit is called "Peach" and he's the male vocalist of the band. His one-dimensional gargling is what totally puts me off. I've said it before and say it again - the art of cookie monster vocals is something that I'll never understand. I can tolerate it in small doses if the songs are otherwise good, but on this album we're talking about overdosing on growling and frankly, merely "not too bad" songs. Not a winning combination.

Website

MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment