Saturday, August 31, 2013

DEATH DEALER "War Master"

Rating: RR
Label: Steel Cartel 2013
Review by Kimmo Toivonen

"Wimps and posers, leave the hall!" A new metal supergroup is born, with vocalist Sean Peck, guitarists Ross the Boss and Stu Marshall, bassist Mike Davis and drummer Rhino. The band's called DEATH DEALER and they are Very Metal. Well, what would you expect from a band that features former members of Manowar, Rob Halford, Lizzy Borden and Cage - easy listening pop?

I may be a wimp or a poser for saying this, but listening to "War Master" is a very heavy experience. The band isn't an extreme metal band, their music is pretty traditional Heavy Metal, somewhere between Manowar and Judas Priest, but somehow listening to this album is like taking a serious beating. The songs are rather monotonous and unmemorable, but I guess the biggest culprit is still vocalist Sean Peck. His performance is so uncompromising and intense that I can't bring myself to listen to the whole album from start to finish at once. Make no mistake, he has the pipes as the Queensrÿchian ballad "Children Of Flames" proves, he just chooses to sing at FULL FORCE for the rest of the album. I can almost see the veins in his forehead bulging. There's not much room for light and shade, it's just WHHHHAAAAAHHH.... I guess that's a recommendation to some of you, and I'm happy if that's how you like your metal. Yes sir, there's no wimpy keys or sing-along melodies here, this is just about as metal as metal can be. I'll get my coat.


Website

No comments:

Post a Comment